Evergreen Life is the trading name for
Evergreen Health Solutions Limited (“Evergreen Life”, “we”, “us”,
“our”). Evergreen Health Solutions Limited is a company registered
in England and Wales with company number 09484935 and having its registered
office at The Edge Business Centre, Clowes Street,
Manchester, M3 5NA.
Evergreen Life is committed to respecting
and protecting your privacy.
Please take time to read and digest how
- As a “PHR Owner”, an individual who has set-up their own account in the Evergreen Life personal health record mobile application (the “application”) or the Evergreen Life web service (and any information or data saved in any format whether or not using any features of the application in relation to that account shall be termed the “Personal Health Record”) - please see the green section.
- As a “PHR Contributor”, an individual who the PHR Owner has given viewing and contribution rights over some or all of the PHR Owner's Personal Health Record via the Trusted Access feature of the application. This could for example be a family member, carer or loved one – please see the blue section
- As a “Visitor”, a visitor to this website evergreen-life.co.uk or our social media pages (e.g. Facebook) - please see section highlighted in grey
whether you are a website or social media visitor, PHR Owner
(or registering to be one), PHR Contributor or
What data do we collect and how is it used?
PHR Owner (or registering to be a PHR Owner):
It is central to the application, except
features you choose, and within these features, the level of information you
provide and if/who you wish to choose as a PHR Contributor.
in conjunction with the explanation of the application’s features as described
‘Features’ link. https://evergreen-life.co.uk/features/
We will collect, create and retain the
following information to set up your account and security profile, and
administer and maintain your account, including for any technical updates to or
technical support for the application:
- Your basic account profile information, including your name, physical address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, and gender, along with any photos of yourself that you choose to upload;
- Details of any support queries that you raise about technical issues you are experiencing with the application for which your email will be required to process your query;
- The username and password which you use to login to the application;
- Any other data that you choose to provide us with, other than through the usual functionality of the application.
The main categories of information that
you can choose to add to your Personal Health Record, and which will, other
us only for this purpose and in accordance with your preferences in the Trusted
Access and Data Donor features, are:
- Your physical measurements, including but not limited to your height, weight, waist to hip ratio, muscle mass percentage, body fat percentage, visceral
fat rating, cholesterol, blood pressure, blood glucose, pulse, peak expiratory flow rate, oxygen saturation and respiration rate;
- Your medical history – you may include in your Personal Health Record your conditions, injuries, allergies and other health problems that you
have previously suffered, including any personal medical records that are disclosed to you by your GP or other healthcare professional;
- Any existing medical conditions, including any photos that you upload that relate to the condition;
- Any medication that you take, including the frequency in which it needs to be taken and the medical condition that it seeks to address and any
historical medications that you have taken previously;
- Your NHS medical number;
- The names and email addresses of PHR Contributors that you choose through use of our Trusted Access feature;
- Any other relevant contacts, such as the name, address and telephone number of your GP;
- Any vaccinations details, including the name, date, location of the body you had the vaccination and any reminders for re vaccinations and boosters along with any notes or photographs you may have recorded;
- Any documents or letters you upload, including appointment letters, referral letters, reports, results or any other document you have chosen to upload;
- Trusted Access feature - other than your name, profile picture, the first line of your address and your next of kin, people you have shared your
Personal Health Record with via the Trusted Access feature will only be able to see any information you have chosen to share with them. They will
not be able to see or access your security information and other information you choose to withhold. You can at all times edit any information that they add to your Personal Health Record;
- Any updates through the Trusted Access feature, that you or any person you choose to make to any of the above information.
Entirely at your choice (please select
your choices on the ‘Data Sharing Options’ page of the Application) we can
create a profile based on the overall specific feature use and medical history,
conditions, symptoms, treatment, medications, vaccinations, measurements,
health goals, achievements and concerns, referred to within your Personal
Health Record, for use (but only where we consider that these compliment,
interface or align with or are relevant to, your use of the Application), as
tell you about other mobile apps, or devices,
products and services relating to the management, measurement, monitoring,
diagnostics, testing and care of the relevant health or medical condition or
stated wellbeing. They may be those of Evergreen Life
itself, its affiliate companies within the Evergreen Life group of companies,
or third parties selected by Evergreen Life – we will never provide them with
your Account information or Personal Health Record, we will merely direct you,
by way of notification to the device against which the Application is
registered, or email or SMS to the email
address/ mobile number we have for you, to the relevant website, for example by
way of hyperlink. Your visit will be according to the terms and
as soon as you arrive at their website.
- To send you articles, papers, developments and studies of health organisations, professionals, practitioners, academics
and researchers. Again, we won’t provide your personal details, we will merely direct you or provide a link to the relevant website.
You may also choose to donate information
carefully selected from your Personal Health Record for important clinical
research programmes aimed at helping to save lives and improve health.
Evergreen Life shares the NHS ethos that
contributing health information to such programmes can help achieve improved
care and health research for all, including future generations. The
information we would provide ('Donated Data') would:
- Be limited only to those specific data or data fields within your Personal Health Record that demonstrate the required attributes for the particular research programme in question (i.e. not a disclosure of your Personal Health Record in its entirety other than in the exceptional circumstances that the whole Personal Health Record aligned to the research objective in question)
- Have your name and address (but not your postcode) removed - whilst we would envisage that re-identification of or specific linkage to you as the Data Donor is unlikely, we cannot guarantee that this would not happen – see safeguards referred to below.
- Only be used for carefully selected important clinical research programmes run by health professionals and health researchers in accredited Universities who are subject to appropriate data sharing agreements containing the following safeguards for the Donated Data:
- The clinical research programme to have a clear identified health benefit or goal
- Donated Data not be used to support measures or decisions with respect to the Data Donor
- Not be processed in such a way that would be likely to cause damage or distress to the Data Donor
- Results of the research or resulting statistics not be made available in a form which identifies the Data Donor
- Not used in any way with the intention of re-identifying the Data Donor
You may choose to view certain parts of
your medical records held by your General Practice or doctor's surgery (“GP”). You can do this through the “GP
Access” panel of the mobile application, or through the “My GP” section of the
Evergreen Life website. We will need to store the following additional
information about you so that you can access this feature:
- your GP practice's ODS code
- Your NHS Number
We will need to store a copy of your GP
record so that you can instantly view the last synced version of your GP record
on the mobile application when you next log into your Evergreen Life account. As
of 26th July 2018, this will also apply if you use the Evergreen Life website
to view your record.
We will not use this stored copy of your
GP record for any other purpose without your explicit permission.
We take the storing of this information
very seriously; you can expect this information to be as secure as a password.
We will not store any other information about you from the GP Access feature.
Your GP will not receive any of your
information entered into your Personal Health Record except for:
- the fact that you are using the application; and
- where you use the GP Access feature to carry out the following direct interactions (where available):
- ordering repeat prescriptions;
- booking an appointment/consultation; and
- sending messages to your GP practice.
Please note, where you choose to donate
your information, your GP record may be included in the Donated Data. For more
information on how this information is used, please see the Data Donor section,
The application is only available to
young persons under the age of 13 years ('Young Persons') with the consent of a
person with parental responsibility for them ('the Responsible Person'). The
Personal Health Record should be set up in the Young Person's name with the
Responsible Person chosen as their PHR Contributor via
the Trusted Access feature – this is to help transition of their Personal
Health Record when the Young Person reaches the age of 13.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CONSENT:
By creating an account within the
application as a PHR Owner, you
- To the use, storage and sharing of information recorded in your Personal Health Record in accordance with any options you have chosen under the Trusted Access and Data Donor features of the application.
By accepting the PHR Owner's request to be a PHR Contributor you are agreeing to
the use of your email address and PHR Contributor entries
on the PHR Owner's Personal Health Record as detailed in
Section highlighted in blue.
By creating an account within the application on behalf of
a Young Person, you are agreeing that you are the
Responsible Person for that Young Person and will take the necessary steps upon
the Young Person reaching 13 years old, to enable the Young Person to take over
their Personal Health Record, and Trusted Access and Data
The email address provided for you by the PHR Owner through
the Trusted Access feature, and any information that you record in the PHR Owner's Personal Health Record (as updated or
edited by you and/or the PHROwner) will be
stored, used and disclosed for the purpose of administering your PHR Contributor rights and in accordance with the
you purchase our DNA test service from us, we will need to collect the
following information from you:
- your personal details, including your name and date of birth;
- contact information, including your email address and delivery address;
- any queries that you raise with us, for instance, you may submit a question by email to us about the DNA test;
- any interactions that you have with us on any of our chosen social media platforms. For instance, you may decide to like our Facebook page or send us a tweet on Twitter;
- all other information that you choose to provide us.
third party payment provider will need to collect your payment details in order
to process your order for us.
order to carry out the DNA testing, we will also need to collect your DNA
sample, this is in the form of a cheek cell sample (“DNA Sample”).
will receive and store your DNA test results, all related correspondence,
materials and information from our third-party testing laboratory.
will only use the data that we collect about you for the following purposes and
in accordance with your PHR preferences:
- to deliver the DNA test kit to you, so that your DNA Sample can be collected;
- to perform the DNA test, our third-party laboratory will perform the test on the DNA Sample which you have provided to us;
- to analyse your DNA test result, we will review the results received from our third-party laboratory so that we can provide you with a report on your DNA;
- to contact you about your DNA test, we will contact you once your results are ready to view on your Personal Health Record, or if there is a problem with your DNA test, or if we have further information about your order or DNA test results;
- to respond to your queries that you submit through our website or via any other communication medium such as email or letter regarding your DNA test;
- to contact you about new DNA test services or similar services;
- to help us to improve our website and/or application, including its content, layout and navigation;
- to verify your user credentials when you attempt to login to the application;
- to analyse user traffic and other metrics relating to the use of our website and/or application.
also see our “Data Donor”, “Data Sharing” and “Share & Care” of the PHR
Owner above to see how we may use your DNA test results in accordance with your
will not use your DNA related information for any other purpose without your
and destruction of your DNA related information
explained in the “General information about how your personal information will
be treated” section, we impose appropriate obligations to protect the security
and privacy of your information where we use third-party providers.
DNA Sample will be sent to our third party testing laboratory so that they can
perform the DNA test. Your DNA Sample will be stored by our third party testing
the DNA test has been performed, any remaining DNA Sample will only be stored
for one (1) month by the third party testing laboratory before it is securely
destroyed. You can request for the destruction of your DNA Sample at any time.
However, please note that:
- where the DNA test has not been performed, we will not be able to fulfil your order;
- where your DNA test has been performed and you have a query, we may not be able to answer all of your queries as we may no longer have all the information required to formulate a response to you.
If you are only a Visitor and have not
subscribed to the application, then we will not usually ask you to provide any
health, wellbeing or medical data. If we do, we will
make it clear to you why we are asking for it and as appropriate, seek your
agreement to use it. Please note that if you or someone on your behalf
makes any public posts to message boards or social media about your health, wellbeing or medical circumstances, you will be
regarded as having agreed to such publication.
However, we will collect the following:·
- Contact information, including your name and email address in the event that you register interest in using our application;
- Any queries that you raise with us, for instance you may submit a question by email to us about our application;
- Any interactions that you have with us on any of our chosen social media platforms. For instance, you may decide to like our Facebook page or send us a tweet on Twitter;
- All other information that you choose to provide us.
We may use the data that we collect about
you in the following ways:
- Respond to your queries that you submit through our website or via any other communication medium such as email or letter;
- Contact you about the launch of the application where you have registered an interest in hearing about this;
- Help us to improve our website, including its content, layout and navigation;
- To verify your user credentials when you attempt to login to the application.
- Analyse user traffic and other metrics
relating to the use of our website.
General information about how your personal information will be treated
Other than as explained above, we only
generally collect, use and share your personal details obtained through your
use of the website or the application (including in your Personal Health
Record), as follows:
- Our third party service providers who help us to provide the application and website to you - we will impose appropriate obligations to protect the
security and privacy of your information;
- Our professional advisors including our lawyers and accountants (and those of any prospective purchasers of our business – see below) when
required for them to provide us (or prospective purchasers of our business) with professional advice - we will impose appropriate obligations to
protect the security and privacy of your information;
- The police, local authorities, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), the courts and any other government or regulatory authority based
in any jurisdiction if they ask us to do so or if we wish to provide it because we think it appropriate to protect our business, staff, premises and users, or if we are obliged to do so, such as by court order;
- Where we re-organise, re-structure, sell or transfer our business we will transfer your personal information, including that recorded in your
Personal Health Record (according to your choices under the Trusted Access and Data Donor features), to the new incumbent of the business for them to continue to use it in the same ways as we have prior to the transfer.
transfers of your information.
Information submitted through the website
and the application is stored in secure servers and data centres. These
servers or data centres are usually located within the countries that have EU
standards for the protection of your personal information and is always treated
and stored securely.
personal information within your Personal Health Record, is stored solely in
which you supply through our support portal, on which you should never include
any personal information, may be stored by the suppliers and advisers we engage
to help us run and deliver our business, in servers or data centres located
outside the EU. Naturally, we expect our suppliers to take information security
as seriously as we do so we will put appropriate measures in place requiring
suppliers to treat the information to EU standards for the protection of your
personal information. Even so, any transfer of information to other
countries in this way could result in that information being available to the
government and other authorities in those countries under their laws.
We regularly review the ways we use your
information, and in doing so, we may change what kind of information we
collect, how we store it, who we share it with and how we act on it.
Consequently, we may need to change this
returning to this site. If we have already captured or you have already
provided your information through the website or the application, we will
notify you of those changes and where appropriate provide for you to review
your preferences accordingly.
We will help keep your Personal Health
Record information safe, secure and private.
- Your Personal Health Record is password protected to prevent unauthorised access by anyone else.
- The data that is entered, transmitted and stored is encrypted to prevent any unauthorised use of the data.
The electronic transmission of data over
the internet is never completely secure but we endeavour
to make the service as secure as possible and provide a high level of security
for your personal healthcare information.
Evergreen Life is the DATA CONTROLLER for the data
phrase used to describe a person or entity that controls the way data is used
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you a number
rights as a data subject. These rights are listed below:
- You have the right to know how we will
- You have the right to be provided with a
copy of your record (the information we hold about you). This is known as a
Subject Access Request. This information is available to you through the App,
but if you wish to check our full records, please use our address as shown at
- You have the right to object to us making
use of your information for any specific purpose. This is addressed by the use
of consent boxes on your record. You may change your consent at any time by
ticking or unticking a box. We will monitor these consent records and ensure
that your wishes and changes are respected.
- You have the right to rectify any
information in your PHR which you believe is inaccurate. As you have control of
your PHR through the App, you will normally be able to make changes yourself,
but if you believe that we have made an error, or you are unable to make a
correction, please email us at email@example.com. Please remember that
you control what information you and anyone give sharing rights to, is recorded
in your Personal Health Record. It is
not therefore intended that we routinely review or verify the accuracy of any
of this information.
- You have the right to be forgotten. Your
App allows you to delete your record at any time. Please send an email to us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will confirm that your data has been removed
from our records.
- You have the right to transfer your data
to another service provider. If you wish to do this, email
email@example.com and we will provide the information in an electronic
- You have the right to object to any automated decision making,
however we do not carry out any automated decision making within our systems.
We are registered under the Data
Protection Act 2018 with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the UK data
protection regulatory). Our registration number is ZA119460 and can be viewed
online at www.ico.org.uk. You can also useful access guidance and
information about your data protection rights on this website.
You can make a complaint to the ICO at any time about the way we use your information.
However, we hope that you would first consider raising with us any issue or
complaint you have about how we handle your personal information. Your
trust is extremely important to us, and we will always do our very best to
promptly resolve any problems you may have in this regard.