Keeping on top of family life can be a tall task at the best of times, but what about when managing family health gets thrown into the mix? Whether you’re caring for a partner, elderly relative or child, accessing family members medical records could help you keep track, manage and stay in the know when it comes to your family’s health.
Sharing is caring - Who will benefit from sharing their medical record?
No matter your family situation and need for access to their health information, trusted access could be just what you need to help take better care of your loved ones. Accessing your family member's medical record can be incredibly beneficial for both parties in any of the following situations:
- You’re a new parent who wants to keep track of their child’s health
- Your teenage child has gone to university and needs to register with a local GP
- You have a partner with a medical condition that you help provide care for
- You have an elderly relative that you want to keep informed about their health and care
What are the advantages of sharing health information?
There are so many advantages to giving consent to share medical information with family members. Not only can you have instant access to your GP Health Record on your phone but you can also add information from other health organisations creating a holistic picture of your overall health. This way you and the people that care about you can all stay up to date with your health. Whether it's an ongoing condition, a sudden health concern or just regular health check ups, sharing your data with people you trust means you can take back control of your health.
Trusted access to your health information
Having access to the right information at the right time is key when it comes to providing care for your family. In the Evergreen Life wellness app, you can give trusted access of your health record to those who need it.
What health information can I share?
In the Evergreen Life app, you can share as much or as little information as you would like with your family member, friend or healthcare provider. The level of trusted access is determined by you and you can change it at any time. Each recorded piece of information within your personal health record has the option to make it 'private,' if you don't wish for that information specifically to be shared.
You can share the information in your GP record, including:
- Consultation notes
You can also share information that you've added to your personal health record, including:
- Over the counter medications (not prescribed by your GP practice)
- Medication diary and reminders
- Health and fitness measurements recorded in the body measurement tracker
- Documents and letters related to your health
- Vaccinations (not administered by your GP practice)
In the Evergreen Life app, you can obtain personalised health and wellbeing questionnaires and additional information through the clinically-researched Wellness Score and Wellness Checks. These checks ask questions into various areas of your health, such as your diet, fitness, happiness and sleep. You can choose to share this info with family and friends in order to motivate your health journey. Clinicians can also use the score and questionnaire results to understand certain aspects of your health and how to tailor your treatment.
How to give trusted access: Accessing family members' medical records
Here’s how you can find our trusted access feature:
- Login to your Evergreen Life account (not got one? Download the app here)
- Scroll down to the bottom of the home screen to ‘Account and security’
- Scroll down to Trusted Access
- Type in the email address of the person you want to give access to your record
- Choose the level of access that you want that person to have
By making sure loved ones, carers and health professionals involved in your health have access to the right information at the right time, this can improve decision making when it comes to your health, and give you and others control of your health information.
Take control today. Download the Evergreen Life app.